George Clooney is ready to commit.
The Oscar-winning actor is engaged to girlfriend Amal Alamuddin, according to multiple reports.
The news is surprising to anyone familiar with Clooney's playboy status, but the two were clearly in love in photos that emerged from the couple's romantic getaway to Tanzania in March.
Though the couple was first spotted together in October, Clooney initially denied relationship rumors.
Clearly, things have changed!
The jet-setting duo has been spotted together in the Seychelles, Washington, D.C., New York, and most recently Los Angeles. In late March, Clooney and Alamuddin went on a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt in Studio City, California.
Here are a few things to know about Amal, George's new leading lady:
1. She's accomplished: Alamuddin is a lawyer, who specializes in international law, human rights, extradition, and criminal law. In 2011, she started representing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in his fight against extradition.
2. She's smart: The Oxford-educated Amal is fluent in three languages: Arabic, French, and English. She is a graduate of the New York University School of Law.
3. She's an activist: The brainy beauty is an advisor to former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan on Syria. Activism is one topic Clooney is well versed in, as well. The actor was arrested last year for protesting outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington, D.C.
4. She comes from a highly esteemed family: Amal's mother, Baria, is an award-winning journalist and broadcaster in the Middle East and the U.K. and has interviewed the likes of former President Bill Clinton, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, and President Fidel Castro, to name a few. Her grandfather was a government minister.
5. She doesn't need Twitter: Although Alamuddin was a hit on the social media site — Ashton Kutcher and Julia Gillard, the former prime minister of Australia, were a few of her famous followers — she shut down her account. Clooney spoke out in November about how he finds Twitter stupid, so we gotta wonder… coincidence?